Monday, July 15, 2013

Strawberries and Pimms Workshop

Last Friday, I closed the shop early to panic over how I'd fit 8 people into the shop that evening, around a table, to teach them how to make a leather strawberry brooch/hairslide, while simultaneously drinking Pimms and eating crisps. 

So I dismantled a really heavy table by myself, and narrowly avoided dropping it on my sandal-clad toes. Dashed home to pick up another really heavy table (a different shape this time), rushed back to the shop, praying that it was the same height as another not-so-heavy table, and hope that the table cloth would cover both. It did. The tables matched in height. I'd scavenged enough chairs, and the Pimms was all mixed and ready to guzzle by the time 8 lovely ladies arrived at 7pm, raring to go!


And here are those 8 lovely ladies, all in action, stitching their very own 3D leather strawberries, to make into brooches and hairslides... 


 Check out Suzie's incredible strawberry dress on the right- she wore strawberry earrings, hairslide, and even shoes, and also came with a gift of strawberry sweeties for me. Talk about embracing the strawberry theme!!

Here's Ianthe, concentrating on her stitching technique...
 

By 9.30pm (I knew we'd over-run a little!) everyone had finished their very own fruity accessory, and here they are modelling them:

Here's Kate with her finished brooch, looking very pleased with her handiwork!!


Jennie's brooch is almost camouflaged with her amazing Cath Kidston train dress!

Emma and Charlotte looking super doops in their strawberry creations:


Emma and Alex pleased as (Pimms) punch with their magnificent stitchery...

And last, but by no means least, Ianthe looking jubilant that she's wearing her fruity creation!

Sadly Suzie skipped off home, before I got a chance to snap her with her finished brooch, and her amazing outfit.

Anyway, all in all, a fab evening, and everyone did amazingly well- I was so impressed with everyone's finished brooches and hairslides!

Here's what they had to say about it...

"Had a fabulous evening, love my hair slide!! Looking forward to another one soon!! Thank you!" 
- Emma B

"Thank you so much for a fabulous craft & Pimm's filled evening! Can't wait to show off my strawberry brooch today. Looking forward to attending other workshops soon xxXxx"
- Ianthe

"Thanks for a lovely unique evening , I love my strawberrys... Ps that last pimms packed a punch= sore head this morning xxxxx"
- Jennie

"Had a great time & love my brooch, thank you xx"
- Kate

"Such a fun evening, thank you! I'm wearing my brooch with pride."  
- Emma L

"Very pleased with my hair slide. Looks great and was fun to make too! I recommend one of these fab workshops!"
- Charlotte

If you'd like to join us for the next Strawberry & Pimms workshop, you can book online here: http://lovefromhettyanddave.bigcartel.com/product/strawberries-and-pimms-workshop





You will learn how to make a pair of 3D leather strawberries, and turn them into a pair of cute earrings or if you are feeling a bit more adventurous, an adorable brooch/hairslide.

Friday the 26th of July from 7pm - 9pm

Suitable for beginners, £20 per person.

8 places available

This workshop includes all materials, Pimms and lemonade, ginger beer and nibbles served vintage style, on delightful mismatched crockery.

Hope to see you there.

Strawberry Flavoured Lovings

xx

 

No comments: