Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kang-oala Commission

I love a little project, and I'm always getting commissions for special one offs, but the latest one has gotta go down as one of my faves...

Bianca is one of my many wonderful customers who LOVES a good handbag, and having got herself quite a collection of Hetty & Dave customised bags now, decided she needed something pretty special for her imminent travels down-under:

'I'm hoping to go exploring abroad in a few months and I was wondering if there'd be any chance of me 'commissioning' an Australia inspired design, like Koalas or Kangaroos for me to take along with me?'

Having bought a bag from the high street, Bianca sent it to me, and I got my pencil and paper out, and doodled a design to go on the front. Here's what I came up with:

Yup, a koala climbing up a kangaroo's tail, in a heart shape.


Once Bianca had okay-ed the design, I got snipping with the leather and stuck down the various shapes...


 On went the eyes and noses...


Then the koala came on board...


I added some greenery in the shape of eucalyptus leaves for the koala to chomp on, and added a Batik style fabric background, to fully embrace the Oz theme... 


Then I started stitching...


Once all the stitching was complete, it was ready to put onto the front of the bag...


And here's the final result...

And this was Bianca's reaction: 

Eeeps I love it!! You are fantastic! x

A pretty good reaction I'd say!!

If you would like to commission your very own bag, or whatever you like really, just get in touch via email zoelarkins@gmail.com and we'll see what I can rustle up!

Kang-oala Lovings

xx

No comments: