Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Knitting

Happy New Year to one and all!

Hope you all had a truly marvellous Christmas and New Year.

This year I decided against making resolutions as such, but mentally made a list of little things I wanted to achieve rather than a list of things I want to give up.

Number one on that list was to get to grips with knitting, in particular fairisle.


I already knew the basic knit one, purl one malarks, and having knitted a variety of snake scarves in the past involving stripes, wondered 'how hard can it be?'


Not that hard it turns out. This was my first attempt:


Having figured out you've gotta twist the wool in the back to stop it getting too tight and too messy, I had a go at a snow flake design I copied from my slippers, and added my own heart...


I will at some point do some more pattern on this, but I was so excited, that I've abandoned it for the time being, and started an anchor pattern:


I'm trying to decide between making it into a bag, or making lots more in different colours, and stitching them together to make a blanket.

Now all I can think about is knitting. Today I'm attempting to start my tax return, but all I can think about is patterns.

Anyway, I guess I'd better get back to those receipts for now...

Knit one, purl one lovings

xx

2 comments:

knitting_nellie said...

I've been obsessed with knitting and crochet for about 6 months now, it's the way forward! Thanks for spreading the knitting love x

Anonymous said...

anchor blanket, amazing!!!!!