Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Exciting Stuff


So, as the title of this blog may suggest, some lovely, exciting stuff is happening.

Recovering from a fairly traumatic few months, I felt like I was hanging around, impatiently drumming my fingers, waiting for something brillo to occur, and all of a sudden, rather like buses, everything seems to be coming together at once...


Firstly I should mention Mollie Makes magazine. Mmmm, I love it- check it out of you haven't already. It's raspberry jam packed with lots of delightful crafty and vintage inspiration. If I could, I would climb inside that magazine and live within the pages. Divine...


Anyway, I was lucky enough to have my vintage customised Mousie handbag featured in issue 4, so that was rather wonderful!


Second brillo thing on the list of loveliness, is the fab new craft book, 'State of Craft' which comes out in October, and to which I contributed a cute little heart shaped how-to project...


Just a little while longer until the book comes out now, and then you can learn to make this bunny brooch:

Nice.

So anyway, next up, Bestival!

The lovely folk at Secret Emporium have invited me along to trade with them under their delicious pink tent next weekend (8th-11th September), alongside a whole host of other scrummy designers...


So if you're heading to Bestival make sure you pay the Secret Emporium a visit, and don't forget your pocket money!

Oh, and please could everybody pray for sunshine?
Thanks.

And while I'm on the Isle of Wight, my lovely assistant Ali, will be taking 'Love From Hetty & Dave' to Alderholt Vintage and Handmade Fair, which you can find out about here.


Sounds rather splendid if you ask me, so make sure you pop by and get involved!

Now, I must go and do some sewing- lots of things to make, and soon I will be unleashing some new fancy-pants designs on you.

WATCH OUT!!

Soooo, as I may have mentioned before,
exciting stuff...

Mucho lovings

xx






No comments: