Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Emerald City

Recently I had no choice but to give up on pulling out the white hairs (I hate calling them grey) that appeared to be sprouting on a daily basis.


I decided that there were only two options: Red or Dead. And by dead I actually mean, boring brown.

So red I went, thanks to the fabby Ben at Reef Hair, who is most marvellous with all hair related issues.


And after going this super duper shade of Paloma Faith, all I could think was, 'I NEED AN EMERALD GREEN SEQUIN CARDI!'


Many moons ago I saw one in a vintage shop down Brick Lane. It was hung next to a lovely fuschia sequined shell top, and worn together they would have made anyone look like the juiciest watermelon in Shoreditch.
But alas, I was a penniless market trader back then, and had to just walk on by.



Now, I wish I'd just extended the ol' overdraft a teeny tiny bit more, because I swear I would wear that cardi every single day now, and look like a jazzy leprachaun while I was at it.


Anyway, on my fruitless search for a shiny, emerald wonder, I came across some super sequined leaf motifs...



And a week previously, a sweet knitted short sleeved sweater in the most perfect of greens, I discovered hidden away in the basement of Clobber.

And so a union of gorgeous greens was met...


And I get a splendid sparkly top, fit for the Emerald Palace.


Luscious Lovings

xx

2 comments:

Rowan said...

Your hair looks brilliant! Did you say he was called ben? My hairdresser is called Ben too. He's lovely!

Love From Hetty & Dave said...

Red is definitely the way forward...
As are hairdressers called Ben!