Monday, September 13, 2010

BRRRRRRING BRRRRRRRING!! BRRRRRRRING BRRRRRRING!!


A while back we got a super smart black GPO phone, from the 40s or 50s. It looked tres cool, but it took a million years to dial a mobile number, and if you had to 'press 3 to bla de bla', you couldn't.

It looked good, but just was not practical, so it had to go. Simple as that.


This gave me the opportunity I have been waiting for since my uni days, when I saw a cheese burger phone in what can only be described as Rochester's Novelty Telephone Shop, and it sold out before the student loan cleared.

So, I got straight on Ebay, and within a week or so, my brilliant cheese burger phone arrived from Singapore and satisfied my hunger for a novelty phone. Or so I thought.


Well, just as I thought you couldn't get much better than a fast food phone, we went car booting on Sunday, and CHECK THIS OUT...


Yesssssssssss, it's only a Pianotel! Amazingness!

The cord that connects the handset is missing, but thanks to good ol' Ebay, there's a black one on it's way. I pray it will work, as rumour has it, you can actually play a tune on the notes when you dial.

I will keep you posted.

Telephonic lovings

xx

P.S. 14/09/10 - The cord arrived today and the Pianotel works! Hooray! Result.

No comments: